So tomorrow we launch our new website, and tonight reading back through our blog, which charts our journey over the last years, to get to this point, I reconnected with the heart and soul of what we're doing - a feeling which has been lost the last days in the whirl to get ready.
So thinking tonight about what we're hoping for this business, and all the ideas and experiences we've had, several things stand out about why we're doing it.
- Because we want to create something truly, uniquely beautiful.
- Because we believe in being the change you want to see in the world - small, empowered, family businesses.
- Because we believe that female entrepreneurs will change the world.
- Ditto the girl effect.
- Because we believe in creating an abundant life for yourself which nourishes your soul.
- Because we believe in the New Economy and that small businesses are the backbone of our global economy.
And because we believe in all these things, and because they drive us, we'll be committing 5% of our profits every year to Kiva.org - to make loans to women in developing countries to empower them to build businesses which will support their families.
Image Credit: Scarleth White